Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful

I have been thinking about thanksgiving and what I really am thankful for. There are so many things to be thankful for, but I would be here for days trying to list them all. Right now, I am most thankful for children. I don't know what life would be like without them. They have such a bright little spirit about them and you cannot help but smile when being around them.

The other day, we stopped by Wes and Jess's house. I've had a few little things sitting around my house that I got at YW camp this summer, one being a little cross stitch kit. I gave it to my nephew Morgan, because he loves to create things and has such an imagination. The kit came with a Winnie the Pooh pattern, but he wanted to make a "robot." (He is really into robots and tells me that he wants to grow up and run a factory that makes robots.)

So, I started teaching him how to stitch, and before I knew it he had the entire square head done. I had to leave right after, but Jess emailed me this picture the next day. I thought for sure that he would move on to something else and forget about even finishing it, but not Morgan. He is so dedicated and when he has something he wants to do, he gets it done. I'm so proud of him, it looks awesome! This is the work of a 6 year-old!


My friend Courtney makes these cute headbands. I got one for Malia and it looked so adorable on her, but what wouldn't? I ask Wes and Jess if I can take her home with me every time I am with her. Jess always says, "Just have your own, they're easy to make." Michael and I just laugh, we're not quite ready for that yet. Although, if I knew my baby would be as cute as her... it might speed things up a bit!

And last, but not least I can't forget Carson! I never got a picture of him, but he was really funny that day. We were out in their backyard and Carson was pushing around a little wheelbarrow and falling over. He reminded me of the little boy on "Christmas Story" who wears the big snow suit. Carson had on big snow boots and a puffy coat, it was hilarious to watch him get around. Carson is definitely the comedian in the family.


No comments:

Post a Comment