Friday, November 19, 2010

A Little Treat

I love baking, especially during this time of year. As the oven warms my home and sweet aromas fill the air, I can't help but get into the spirit of the coming holidays. I found this delicious recipe in the December issue of "realsimple" magazine and thought I'd share. :)
What I like about this recipe? It's simple! Fast, easy, hardly any clean up and it's unique! What more could you ask for? Below you will find the instructions for these delectable little morsels.

Lace Cookies


Ingredients: 4 T. unsalted butter (I used salted and they turned out just fine)
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 T. heavy cream
1/3 c. very finely chopped pecans
1/4 c all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
1/4 t. kosher salt

Directions: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the butter, sugars and cream into a saucepan. Bring to boil and stir until sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in the pecans, flour, and salt.
Drop level teaspoons of the warm batter, spacing them 4 inches apart, onto parchment-lined baking sheets. If the batter cools between batches and can't be scooped, rewarm it slightly. (Instead of rewarming, I just rolled about a teaspoon of batter in my hands and pressed onto the baking sheets, forming a circle.) Bake, rotating the sheets halfway through, until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on the sheets until firm, about 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack (a glass plate works just fine) to cool completely.

Enjoy! I thought these would be great to make for hors d oeuvrers at a christmas party :)

No comments:

Post a Comment