Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Homemade Granola

My night class on Monday was cancelled, so I thought... Why not make some granola? I've had this recipe on my mind for a while now, but getting around to making it was another story. After finding out I didn't have class, I was elated and practically sped home with one thing on my mind. I stopped by Gregory's Wheat Shop to grab some of the ingredients and then got to baking.

This recipe was taken from "The Little Red House" and the blog {ourfinehouse}, which I've absolutely fallen in love with.






I now love knowing exactly what I am eating with this granola.
I have been eating it as cereal for breakfast as well as using it for yogurt parfaits...delicious!


Recipe
{From The Little Red House & ourfinehouse.wordpress.com}

Preheat oven to 300 degrees

4 cups oats
2 cups puffed wheat (unsweetened)
1 cup unsweetened coconut
1 cup chopped almonds (not ground)
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1/4 cup wheat germ
3/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp vanilla

Steps: 1. Mix together in bowl until well coated
2. Spread onto 2 parchment-lined baking sheets
3. Bake for 30-40 minutes


My Tips:
*If you can't find puffed wheat you can use unsweetened puffed rice.
*Make sure to check it in the oven every 5 minutes or so; it can easily burn.
{My oven cooks fast, so I was done baking at 20 minutes}

3 comments:

  1. I'm just stalking you! I am stealing this and be making it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbie - keep the recipes coming! This looks so tasty. I'm going to forward you a recipe for delicious homemade granola bars too. xoxo Love your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so yummy!! Wish I had the motivation to make some!

    ReplyDelete