Monday, April 11, 2011

Come Back Phosphorus!

I cannot even say how frustrated I am with how my dishes are washing up. Ever since the "phosphorus" was taken out of dish detergent, my dishes (mainly glasses) have a terrible film on them. The gross thing is that the particles from the dish soap are starting to cling to my dishes, so having a dishwasher does nothing because I am washing each individual piece after they get washed! I have tried numerous remedies, but none have worked so far.


Don't these look like non-drinkable glasses? And yet we are drinking from these everyday.
I swear Michael and I are going to get sick from all the caked on particles...ah, I can't even go there. Just thinking about it makes me cringe.

Here is what I have tried:
-Vinegar
-Finish Powerball Detergent
-Jet Dry Baskets
-Jet Dry Finish Liquid

I probably should mention that I do have hard water, which probably isn't helping.
Is anyone having this same problem? Have you tried anything that works?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Abbie, you may thing im totally crazy but i love to check out your blog. You may not remember me from high school but i've always thought you're super cute! Anyways, i had this EXACT problem! I finally got Lemon Shine from Smiths and if you just follow the instructions exactly it will fix your problem. At least it has for everyone i've suggested it to so far! Good luck! -Challae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Challae! I'll give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lemon Shine Lemon Shine Lemon Shine!!!! And we have soft water and our dishes still were crappy. You put Lemon Shine in the main compartment and your detergent in the small side. The other thing that has saved me is Dishwasher Magic. It cleans your dishwasher and I have to use it more now than before but its great too. Sure makes washing dishes more expensive than before but I do not have time to wash and RE-wash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes the dishwasher blades need the washed and even checking the filters in the dishwasher or the drains... this has happened to my parents dishwasher, my mom did that and it seemed to help. just a thought.camille

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had the exact same problem with our dishes and we tried a product called dishwasher magic. You can find it just by the dishwasher detergent. I use it every couple of weeks and it has really helped. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete