Thursday, December 29, 2011

PCP2P - 9/3/11

PCP2P stands for Park City Point to Point - an 83 mile mountain bike race with 14,000 feet of climbing starting at Park City resort and ending at Canyons resort. The morning of the race we woke up EARLY. I made a few bags of some food for Michael to have at different stations throughout the race. We picked up Dane from a hotel and drove to where the race started, just south of Park City. Michael had everything to go and then realized that he had forgot the timing chip we picked up with his packet the night before. It was at the condo, about 4 miles from where we were. It was 15 minutes until the race started and so we left Dane there and hurried back to the condo. By some small miracle we made it back just barely in time for Michael to start. I felt really bad that he had to start the race with such anxiety, especially when this race was the longest, most grueling one he had ever attempted at the time.







He and I both were so relieved to have this behind him when he came through the finish line. His muscles were aching and he was feeling nauseous; I didn't know how to help him. I was so proud of him for accomplishing such a feat that day. I could not believe the strength and endurance he must have had to get through the race, but I am so impressed by his determination and love that he has such passion.


We were staying at the condo with my family that weekend.
They were so nice to come support Michael as he came through the finish line. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment