Monday, October 11, 2010

So Long...Garden!

Gone are the days when I can go shopping for fresh produce in my backyard. This photo is a few weeks old. We cleaned up our garden and found these Zucchinis hiding underneath the masses of leaves. Needless to say, our garden got so big and overgrown that we could hardly even get past the gate! Next year I will do a few things differently, like put cages around my plants...right after I plant them.


Now, in light of Jimmy Fallon,
here is a thank you note.

Thank you garden, for giving us more than we ever needed of zucchini, crook-neck squash and green peppers. Oh, and to my five tomato plants.. I have a bone to pick with you. Thanks for NOT growing into luscious, juicy things and disappointing me like you'll never believe. You were this close to losing your spot in my 2011 Spring garden, but fortunately for you tomatoes, I love you too much to ever give you up. :)

Until then, so long garden!

1 comment:

  1. Ha your letter to your garden made me smile!! Will you teach me how to garden? I really want to do one!

    ReplyDelete