Thursday, July 7, 2011

Update

Since my last post, quite a lot has happened. Let's see, where do I begin? I quit my job the end of May because I am taking summer school and then doing my student teaching this fall and spring. I feel kind of guilty not helping Michael out with our income when a lot of my time is spent at home, especially when we don't have any kids yet, but so it goes. Luckily, I graduate in a year and then I'll be bringing in the big bucks with teaching.
It is nice to have some time at home to get a few things done though. I've been training Ziggy, helping my dad market his business, perfecting my soldering skills, planning girls camp and a lot of homework. I am taking two classes this summer, both of which have online components. Two classes may seem like a breeze, but it is sure keeping me busy. I'm taking a writing and science methods class. I'm loving my science class, because we get to experiment with all sorts of stuff. Next week we are making bottle rockets! My writing class is a lot of work, I'll just leave it at that.
When I get some spare time, I will post pictures from our trip to Lake Powell with Michael's family. It was really nice to get away to relax and where better to escape to than LP? Right after Lake Powell, I started into summer school. Michael took the summer off to focus on his races. He has bike races and triathlons lined up almost every weekend. He is amazing. I really admire his ambition, energy and dedication. We are excited to make a few trips out of state for him to compete, and I can't wait to be a spectator with camera in hand.

This is our most recent picture, taken at Oakridge. We spent the night of the fourth at the country club with wonderful company (Michael's family), plenty of food and beautiful fireworks. It was a great day celebrating our country's birth.

1 comment:

  1. Abigail Iggie! I've been dying to get your number for months now! I know you're busy with student teaching, but can we find a time to get together? I live just up the street from ya now!

    ReplyDelete