Wednesday, January 26, 2011

One of Those Days

Today I had my first Higher-Steps tutor session at an Elementary. It did not go how I expected it to. I realized today just how much I don't know about teaching. I am overwhelmed and wonder how it will be to teach an entire class, when it's hard teaching one student a particular concept. With homework piling and a lot of other responsibilities beside school, I am definitely stressed. On my way home from school, I decided I needed some cheering up. I stopped by "Mrs. Backers Pastry Shop" on South Temple. (Probably not the best place to go when you've had a bad day). I ended up buying way more sweets than I ever intended to eat; they just all looked so wonderful.
It's a good thing I'm going to the gym for YW's tonight!



As always, Ziggy helps to cheer me up. He is such a great example to me. His character is so simple with only one emotion, "happiness." I just love him.


3 comments:

  1. HAHA! I LOVE BACKERS!!!! AND THAT LITTLE ZIGGURAT! IT'S TRUE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your sooooo stressed. I have been a mess this past week as well. I keep asking, "Why am I back in school? This is ridic." I love/hate it. Keep it you, your doing great! Can't wait for Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there. I know you'll be a great teacher and before you know it school will be over (hard to think of right now, but I can attest it goes faster than you think!).

    ReplyDelete